Opening times: Mon-Fri, 9am - 5:30pm
We, Personal Touch Holidays Ltd, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.personaltouchholidays.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (the “Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is Personal Touch Holidays Ltd of Anvil House, West Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9HW.
We will collect and process the following data about you.
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by submitting an enquiry on our website www.personaltouchholidays.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you search for a product or service, enter a competition, promotion or survey, request a brochure on our site, sign-up to our email newsletter and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card data.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Special category personal data.
We may ask you to provide certain information relating to your health, including any medical conditions, in order to determine whether such health issues may affect the product or service you are interested in. We will only process such data where you have provided your explicit consent to us doing so.
Uses made of the information. We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To enable trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing activities. Our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
If we intend to use this information for any other purpose, we will let you know what we intend to do with such data and the legal basis we are relying on for processing such data. This may include obtaining your express consent.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- To enable trusted external partners (including digital marketing agencies and social media platform operators) to identify relevant audiences for our marketing activities. Our trusted external partners may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes;
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics about visitors to this site and traffic patterns with other parties.
Disclosure of your information.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Personal Touch Holidays Ltd, our customers, or others. We will not sell or lease your personal information to anyone.
Where we store your personal data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The legal basis on which we might use your personal data.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
How long will we store your personal data?
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for operational or legal reasons, and at the end of that period the data we hold will be securely destroyed.
Your rights under the Data Protection Legislation:
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal data for any purpose, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org [or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email that we send to you];
- You can ask us to rectify any inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you.
- You may have the right to request the erasure of personal information that we hold about you.
- You may have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for certain purposes, including for direct marketing purposes, for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- You may have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You may have the right to request a copy of your personal data from us in a commonly used and machine-readable format or that we transmit your personal data to another data controller,
- You may have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you.
You can exercise any of the above rights at any time by contacting us at Anvil House, West Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9HW or email@example.com.
Links to and from our site
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. You may request details or a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by writing to us at Anvil House, West Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9HW
A cookie is a small data file that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We may also use or allow third parties to serve cookies on our site that fall into one or more of the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, and to help us to improve site functionality.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.