Opening times: Mon-Fri, 9am - 5:30pm
Important information regarding your holiday arrangements
|Insurance||Passports, Visa & Travel Advice||Health Advice||Flights|
|Check-in & Check-out Times||Changes To Information||Delays At Points Of Departure||Financial Protection|
|Data Protection||Disabilities||How To Book||Payments|
|Travel Documents||Group Organiser||Package Travel Booking Conditions||Resort Representatives|
|Age||7 Nights||9 & 10 Nights||14 Nights|
|18 - 65yrs||£28.95||£30.95||£33.95|
|66 - 74yrs||£43.95||£49.95||£54.95|
|75 - 79yrs||£57.95||£64.95||£69.95|
|Optional Excess Waiver||£6.58||£6.58||£6.58|
Age at date of travel determines premium to be paid. (Premiums valid until 31.10.18)
This insurance has been arranged for Personal Touch Holidays by Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Personal Touch Holidays is an Appointed Representative of Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited for the sale of Connected Travel Insurance. Fogg Travel is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN516611. The underwriters of the policy are Union Reiseversicherung AG. A summary of the insurance cover is printed below. We will send the policy wording with your confirmation invoice; please keep it with your travel documents. The policy document contains full details of the cover provided, terms and exclusions. Please read the policy carefully to check that it meets your needs; we can send you a copy of the full terms and conditions before you book if you wish.
Insurance Cover Summary
|Emergency Medical Expenses:||up to £10 million|
|Cancellation & Loss of Deposit:||up to £5,000|
|Curtailment:||up to £5,000|
|Hospital Benefit:||up to £400|
|Departure Delay:||up to £300|
|Abandonment:||up to £5,000|
|Missed Departure:||up to £500|
|Personal Property:||up to £2,000|
|Personal Money:||up to £250|
|Delayed Baggage:||up to £150|
|Personal Accident:||up to £15,000|
|Personal Liability:||up to £2 million|
|Legal Expenses:||up to £25,000|
1. Obligatory Insurance Cover - It is obligatory for everyone travelling with Personal Touch Holidays to have adequate holiday insurance.
2. Insurance Purchase - If you wish to purchase Personal Touch Holidays travel insurance, please send the appropriate premium with your deposit, along with the holiday booking form. Cover is not effective until the premium has been paid and confirmation issued. We also require your date of birth (premium is determined by age at date of departure, not the date that you take the insurance).
3. Conditions, Exclusions & Warranties - Some conditions and exclusions will apply to individual sections of the insurance while general exclusions, conditions and warranties will apply to the whole of the insurance.
4. Health - As with any Insurance Company there are some Medical Exclusions that may apply - these can be concerning the health of the people travelling and of other people upon whose health the trip may depend (please read the policy carefully). If you are considering taking out our insurance, we would advise that you contact Fogg Travel Insurance on telephone 01623 635958, (quote Personal Touch Holidays Premier Policy), stating your intention to book a holiday with Personal Touch Holidays, and discuss your relevant medical condition with the advisor to ensure they will cover you before booking the holiday.
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions then you must ring Fogg Travel Insurance on 01623 635958 for advice; they may be able to offer some cover and may be able to cover declared medical conditions, although an increased premium may be required. The insurers are unable to provide any cover on psychological conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders or mental instability. The insurers are unable to provide cover for a known pre-existing medical condition of a close relative or close business associate who is not travelling with you or any recognised complication caused by the pre-existing medical condition.
1. Have you, or anyone travelling with you, ever been diagnosed or had treatment for:
a. any heart or circulatory condition
b. a stroke or high blood pressure
c. a breathing condition (such as asthma)
d. any type of cancer
e. any type of diabetes
Yes ▢ No ▢
2. In the last two years have you, or anyone who is travelling with you, been treated for a serious or re-occuring medical condition, asked to take regular prescribed medication, or referred to a specialist or consultant at a hospital for tests, diagnosis or treatment?
Yes ▢ No ▢
3. Are you or anyone named on the insurance waiting for tests or treatment of any description?
Has your doctor altered your regular prescribed medication in the last three months?
Yes ▢ No ▢
5. Medical Treatment & Medical Expenses Overseas - Emergency Assistance Facilities have been appointed to provide for your protection, 24 hour multilingual Medical Emergency cover. Emergency Assistance Facilities are specialists in providing assistance to travellers taken ill overseas. The emergency medical assistance service is operated 24hrs a day. In case of serious emergency, first call an ambulance using the local equivalent of a 999 call. While you wait for the ambulance contact the Emergency Assistance Facilities on +44 (0) 203 829 6745. Speak to the ambulance driver and get details of the hospital you are being taken to so that the insurers medical assistance service’s doctor will be able to obtain a medical report at the earliest possible opportunity. Minor illness or injury – If you need to see a doctor in Europe or Scandinavia then ask your hotel reception or resort manager for the address of the nearest public medical facility. In Europe you should show them your EHIC card, medical treatment will be free or at a reduced cost and you will not be required to contribute towards the claim as the policy excess will be reduced to NIL. You will only be covered for the cost of private medical treatment in these countries if this is approved in advance by the insurers medical assistance service on +44 (0) 203 829 6745.
6. Travel within the EU - It is a requirement of Fogg Travel Insurance that insured persons use a valid European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). EHIC application forms are available from the Post Office or online at www.dh.gov.uk/travellers. Fogg Travel Insurance's primary interest is to ensure the proper medical care for their clients. It is therefore Fogg Travel Insurance's policy to support the use of hospitals where treatment is invariably of the highest medical standard and is driven only by your medical needs, avoiding the possibility of extended stays or unnecessary procedures associated with ‘tourist clinics’. The extent of cover provided by the EHIC on its own varies from country to country. It does not cover private medical care and is not a suitable substitute for Travel Insurance. Fogg Travel Insurance can offer cover for most pre-existing medical conditions. Please telephone Fogg Travel's health screening number 01623 635958, for confirmation that the policy will cover your condition(s).
Please note that no cover will be in force for conditions that are not disclosed and accepted.
Cover may not be available where:
a) the condition is recurring or unstable
b) the condition has required in-patient treatment in the last 12 months
c) if treatment test results are awaited
If you have any doubts about the medical or cancellation cover provided by the policy please telephone Fogg Travel Insurance on 01623 635958 for clearance. If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions in section 4 you must call Fogg Travel Insurance.
7. Travel to All Other Countries – Fogg Travel Insurance can offer cover for most pre-existing conditions for travel to other destinations worldwide. Please telephone their health screening number 01623 635958, for confirmation that the policy will cover your condition(s).
Please note that no cover will be in force for conditions that are not disclosed and accepted.
Cover may not be available where:
a) the condition is recurring or unstable
b) the condition has required in-patient treatment in the last 12 months or
c) if treatment test results are awaited
Fogg Travel Insurance are pleased to report that over 95% of all conditions that are referred are accepted. If you are in any doubt regarding the state of your health, then please telephone Fogg Travel Insurance on 01623 635958 for clearance. If you have answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions in section 4 you must call Fogg Travel Insurance.
8. Dangerous Sports & Activities - If you are going to take part in dangerous sports or activities where there is a high risk of injury, check that your insurance covers you.
9. Property Claims - These claims are based on the value of the goods at the time you lose them and not on a "new for old" or replacement cost basis.
10. Insurance limits - Most sections of your insurance have limits on the amount that will be paid under that section. Some sections also include other specific limits, for example, one item, pair or set or for valuables in total. You should check your insurance if you are going to take expensive items with you.
11. Reasonable Care - You need to take all reasonable care to protect yourself and your property, as you would if you were not insured.
12. Complaints - The insurance policy has in it a complaints procedure, which tells you what steps you can take if you want to make a complaint.
13. Cooling-off Period - The insurance contains a cooling-off period during which you can return the policy (within 14 days or sooner if travel is before) and get a refund.
14. All claims will be settled under the Law of the country that you live in within the United Kingdom or Channel Islands.
15. Alternative Cover - If you do not wish to take advantage of the comprehensive travel insurance we offer then you must show to us that you have adequate alternative cover. Please forward details of your alternative cover within 14 days of receipt of your Confirmation Invoice.
16. Annual Policies - Should you have an Annual Policy that expires before you travel, we must be advised that it has been renewed before you travel.
17. Insurance Deadline - If we do not have the required details of your chosen policy at least 3 weeks before the date of travel, we are unable to send out your flight tickets.
18. Insurance Excesses - Under most sections of the insurance, you will have to pay an excess - £75 per person. If you are taking our holiday insurance you may also wish to take out the Excess Waiver. Please see above for the premiums. By paying the Excess Waiver your possible claim will not be subject to any policy excess. Should you decide to take this option, please add the amount to the Insurance Premium when paying your deposit.
As a guideline, we advise a full 10-year passport valid for at least six months after your return date to the UK is required for our holidays. The regulations are constantly changing, we would therefore strongly advise that you contact the applicable Consulate listed below to confirm the relevant requirements for your travel date.
|Country||UK Tel No||Country||UK Tel No|
|Portugal||0207 291 3770||Spain||0207 589 8989|
|Cyprus||0207 321 4100||Malta||0207 292 4800|
Passport, visa & travel advice notes
1. Application forms are available from your nearest main Post Office.
2. The Passport Office takes approximately 6-8 weeks to process a new passport application.
3. Visas are not required by British Citizens travelling on any of the European/Mediterranean holidays featured on this website.
4. Non-British Citizens should consult the relevant Embassies and Consulates prior to departure for current visa requirements. (See Section 12 of our Booking Conditions).
5. It is also advisable to check with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) for essential travel advice before travelling anywhere abroad. You can visit the FCO at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
In addition to applying for a European Health Insurance Card (see section 6 of insurance notes) prior to travelling anywhere in the EU, travellers should also check with their own doctor, prior to departure, as to which inoculations are available and necessary when visiting specific countries.
We try to give you as much choice as possible. At the time of printing this mailing, the flight times have yet to be confirmed by the airlines. We use both scheduled and charter flights. Regional flights are often subject to a supplement and are subject to availability at the time of booking. Flight supplements, if applicable, will be quoted to you before we confirm the booking, on receipt of your completed booking form. The baggage allowance is 44lbs (20kgs) per person, on most flights. Most airlines will accept bowls packed in bowls bags to be checked-in with the main luggage for an additional charge which should normally be pre-paid – please contact our office for further details. Otherwise your bowls should be packed inside your suitcase and will need to come within your 20kgs weight allowance. There is usually an additional allowance for hand luggage which varies depending on the airline. Most flights do not include in-flight meals but refreshments are usually available to purchase onboard. N.B. In accordance with EU Directive - (EC) No.2111/2005, Article 9, we are required to bring to your attention the existence of a ‘Community list’, which contains details of air carriers that are subject to an operating ban within the EU Community. The Community list is available for inspection at http://europa.eu.int/comm/transport/air/safety/flywell_en.htm
The standard international practice is to let rooms from midday to midday. However times do vary. Check-in times are usually between 2pm and 3pm, check-out times between 11am and 12 noon on the day of departure. Therefore, if you check-in immediately after a night flight this would normally count as one night's accommodation. Similarly if your return flight is at night you will normally be required to vacate your room at 12 noon prior to leaving for the airport. Day rooms are subject to availability/cost and should be arranged through our UK office.
Personal Touch Holidays Ltd reserves the right to make changes to any of the information on this website at any time after publication.
Arrangements in the event of delays at the outward and/or homeward points of departure are the responsibility of the carrier concerned.
Personal Touch Holidays is a member of ABTA with membership number V9038 and abides by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We also hold an Air Travel Organisers Licence number 5961 granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. All the flights and/or flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotel and other services) is listed on it. Please contact us immediately if there are any discrepancies. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate please go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
We provide full financial protection for our non-flight package holidays by way of a bond held by ABTA.
Your resort representative will speak to you and give all commentary in English.
Personal Touch Holidays will be pleased to welcome clients with special needs. It is however most important that we know what assistance you require from the beginning of your booking. Please note the details in a separate letter to us or on your booking form. Many hotels have specially designed rooms for disabled guests and most airlines will offer additional assistance. Wheelchair clients must be accompanied by an able-bodied person who is willing, and able, to assist them where necessary. If you would like to check the suitability of a holiday before booking, please contact our office on 01403 786200 and one of our sales team will be happy to answer all your questions.
The Holidays in this brochure are arranged by Personal Touch Holidays. Your contract is subject to our Booking Conditions. You will find the Booking Conditions attached to the Booking Form. To book, please complete and sign the booking form and return it with your deposit(s) and insurance premium(s) to: -
Personal Touch Holidays Ltd, Anvil House, West Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9HW.
TEL: 01403 786200 FAX: 01403 786858.
In order to confirm a booking we require a non-refundable deposit as quoted on your booking form, plus the insurance premium if applicable. As your booking is processed you will receive an invoice indicating the balance due date which will be 70 days before departure.
Approximately 10 days prior to departure, you will be sent your appropriate travel documentation. These will normally include airline e-tickets, luggage labels, travel itinerary and a programme.
Many of our holidays are organised through a 'Group Organiser' - that is someone who brings a group of people to holiday together, either as a separate Tour or as part of one of our Bowls Weeks. In these instances decisions to be taken about the holiday - whether to do with the itinerary or travel plans - are made in consultation between our Travel Managers and the Group Organiser. We accept his/her decision as being made on behalf of his/her Group. We expect the Group Organiser to keep his/her group fully informed as to any changes or decisions he/she may have made on their behalf. On tailor made/private bowls tours we also expect that the Group Organiser will be responsible for selecting his/her teams for all matches involving his/her group, informing his/her group of that selection and where applicable also informing the local PT Bowls Coordinator. On our published bowls holidays responsibility for final team selections will lie with the PT Bowls Coordinator (see Bowls Information - Making Your Decision). Where a Group Organiser may be unsure about his/her responsibilities we will be happy to advise and liaise throughout the booking and holiday period.
1. Our details
Personal Touch Holidays Ltd, Anvil House, West Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex, RH14 9HW. Tel: 01403 786200
Fax: 01403 786858 Email: email@example.com.
2. Your holiday booking
A booking will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This booking is made on the terms of these booking conditions. When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions.
3. Paying for your Holiday
When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of £200 for European holidays and £300 for long haul holidays per person. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 10 weeks before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. For certain types of holiday a different deposit may apply. If this is the case for your holiday you will be advised of the deposit required before making your booking.
4. If you cancel your holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking or your travel agent must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay cancellation charges as follows (see also the exception below):
|Period before departure in which you notify us||Cancellation Charge|
|More than 70 days||Deposit only|
|69 – 56 days||30% of holiday cost|
|55 – 29 days||60% of holiday cost|
|28 – 07 days||90% of holiday cost|
|Less than 7 days||100% of holiday cost|
Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
You can cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, or the carriage of passengers to your destination, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. In such circumstances we will arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. We will observe advice provided by the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
5. If you change your booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking or your travel agent. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of £20, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that any changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Please note that insurance premiums are not transferable or refundable. Should the number of persons travelling change, the price will be recharged on the basis of the new party size. Any increase in price per person payable as a result of part cancellation, e.g. an under occupancy charge or a sole occupancy charge or loss of free place, will be indicated on the revised confirmation invoice.
Note: Certain travel arrangements may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
You can transfer your booking to another person, who satisfies the conditions that apply to this booking, by giving us notice in writing at least 7 days before your departure date. Both you and the new traveller are responsible for paying all costs we incur in making the transfer.
6. If we cancel your booking
We reserve the right to cancel your booking. We will not cancel less than 10 weeks before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided if all reasonable measures had been taken. The minimum number of passengers required to operate each holiday can vary. If you would like to know the minimum number required to operate your holiday please ask us at the time of making your booking. We will not cancel a holiday less than 10 weeks prior to departure if the minimum required number of passengers has not been reached. If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an alternative holiday of comparable standard from us if we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
In the event a refund is paid to you, we will:
1. fully refund your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
2. pay compensation as below except where the cancellation is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (see definition above).
|Period before departure in which we notify you||Amount you will receive from us|
|More than 70 days||Deposit only|
|69 – 56 days||100% of monies received + £5.00|
|55 – 29 days||100% of monies received + £10.00|
|28 – 07 days||100% of monies received + £15.00|
|Less than 7 days||100% of monies received + £20.00|
This does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
7. If we change your booking
(a) Changes to the price
We can change your holiday price after you’ve booked, only in certain circumstances:
Changes in the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from changes to the cost of fuel or other power sources, the level of taxes or fees imposed by third parties including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports or currency exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However, there will be no change within 20 days of your departure.
We will absorb, and you will not be charged for, any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this results in an increase equivalent to more than 8% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges.
If you decide to cancel:
1) you must do so in writing within 7 days of the issue date of your final invoice;
2) we will provide a refund of insurance premiums paid to us if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Should the price of your holiday go down due to the cost changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you. We will deduct from this refund our administration expenses incurred. Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
(b) Changes other than the price
It is a term of your booking that we are able to make changes to any aspect of your booking. If the change is insignificant, we will ensure that you are notified about it. Examples of insignificant changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers. If we are constrained by circumstances beyond our control to alter significantly any of the main characteristics of the travel services that make up your package you will have the rights set out below:
We will contact you and you will have the choice of accepting the change or having a refund of all monies paid. You can also accept an alternative holiday, where we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). We will tell you the procedure for making your choice. Please read any notification of changes carefully and respond promptly as if you do not respond to us within the timescale given your booking may be cancelled.
If you choose to accept a refund:
1. we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
2. we will pay compensation as detailed in Clause 6 above except where the significant change is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
8. Our liability to you
You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. If any of the travel services included in your package are not performed in accordance with the contract, or any are improperly performed, by us or the travel service suppliers, and this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services is due to: you or another member of your party; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel services in the package and is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Our liability, except in the cases of death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
a) The contractual terms of the Companies that provide the travel services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this booking; and
b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of the extent of or the conditions under which compensation is to be paid under these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the travel service contractual terms, or the international conventions, from our offices as detailed in Clause 1 of these booking conditions. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in these booking conditions. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline or any other service provider will be deducted.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn’t apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday.
NB this entire clause 8 does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
9. Protecting your money
1. We provide full financial protection for our flight inclusive package holidays by way of our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number 5961 issued by the Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport South, West Sussex RH6 0YR, UK, telephone 0333 103 6350, email firstname.lastname@example.org. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you).
You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme. The price of our air holiday packages includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) that we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices.
2. We provide full financial protection for our non-flight package holidays by way of a bond held by ABTA – The Travel Association, 30 Park Street, London SE1 9EQ, www.abta.co.uk.
We are a member of ABTA, membership number V9038. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
If you have a complaint about any of the services included in your holiday, you must inform without undue delay our resort representative who will endeavour to put things right. If it is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department at Anvil House, West Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9HW giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint in resort we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it and this may effect your rights under this booking. Please see clause 10 above on ABTA.
12. Additional assistance
If you are in difficulty whilst on holiday and ask us to help we will provide appropriate assistance, in particular by providing information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance; and helping you to find alternative arrangements and any necessary phone calls/emails. You must pay any costs we incur, if the difficulty is your fault.
13. Passport, Visa and Immigration Requirements
Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements (for example vaccination requirements) are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
14. Travel Insurance
It is a condition of your contract with us that you have insurance to cover you and all members of your party in the event of illness, personal injury or death during the course of your holiday. If you do not wish to take advantage of the comprehensive travel insurance cover we offer then you must show us that you have adequate cover by providing to us the name of your insurance company, your policy number and the date of expiry.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us.
16. Bowls Holidays
On occasions it may be necessary to cancel bowls matches due to adverse weather conditions. Personal Touch Holidays cannot accept responsibility for this. In such circumstances it may be possible to re-schedule your programme, however, this may unfortunately generate an extra charge to cover further transport costs. Personal Touch Holidays will not provide a refund in the event of a cancellation.
17. Dance Holidays
In the event of the advertised dance leaders being unable to host the dance holiday for reasons beyond their control, we reserve the right to replace them with alternative dance leaders of an equivalent standing.
18. Travel Agents
All monies you pay to the travel agent are held by him or her on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust at all times. This is subject to the agent’s obligation to pay it to us for so long as we do not fail. If we fail, any money held at that time by the agent, or subsequently accepted from you by him or her, is and continues to be held on behalf of and for the benefit of the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust without any obligation to pay that money to us.
19. Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to refuse a booking, refuse to carry or continue to carry any person who in the opinion of any person in the employ of the Company is a danger to the health, safety or the well-being of the Company’s clients or employees or who is likely to cause distress or annoyance to other clients or any third party. When any person is prevented from joining or continuing any holiday as a result of such a termination our responsibility for the holiday will cease immediately and any losses or expenses incurred by the client shall be borne by the client in full.
20. Law and jurisdiction
This booking is governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may, however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.